NCH Drama Ministry
The Drama ministry of New Covenant House (NCH) comprises of a group of talented people including actors, writers, mimes, poets, sign language interpreters, costume designers, fashion designers and artists who love the lord, have a desire to serve, and are willing to devote sacrificial time to prepare and perform in dramatic arts for the edification of the audience and for the Glory of God.
The Drama ministry of NCH nurtures and utilizes the gifts of its members so that Christ can be seen through us. This ministry brings together spiritual gifts, natural talents, professional training, and creative abilities for God’s glory.
“…whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” - 1 Corinthians 10:31
Our Mission & Goal
Nothing captures the minds and hearts of people like live theater. In an instance, the audience can go wherever you want them to go—from the comfort of their home to the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ, which is central to the Christian faith. Every act, reels in the audience, causing them to become a part of both the story and the message. The message is that Jesus is the way into a relationship with God the Father.
Our mission is to make known God-inspired truth using theatre to minister salvation and grace to all people.
Our goal is to make known God-inspired truth using various forms of drama: stage plays, snippets, and skits to minister salvation and grace to all people.
- To nurture and utilize our members' talents to present aspects of Bible scriptures and Christian life through dramatic expression to inspire the church and the community at large.
- To share our Christian faith boldly and model Christ's likeness to others.
- To build a team that demonstrates unity in Christ by encouraging, supporting, and building up one another.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours | Weekly
- Must be an active member of New Covenant House
- Must be currently enrolled in or have successfully completed the NCH 3Bs Discipleship Series course
- Must be auditioned, interviewed, and approved by Audition committee
Auditions and interviews will be held both in-person and virtual formats.
Step 1: Familiarize yourself with the story of The Prodigal Son by reading Luke 15: 11 – 30 NIV. You are the older sibling who just returned from the fields to find your father throwing a big party for the younger sibling who squandered the family’s property and money.
- Using your own words and the words of the older sibling, act out your reaction in a 1-minute freestyle video.
- (maximum video length – 1 minute 30 seconds)
- Upload your video to this OneDrive link
Step 2: Scroll up to review Our Mission & Goal statement and complete the application form HERE.
Step 3: A member of the audition committee will contact you regarding next steps
Step 4: If you are accepted for a second-round audition, it will be a LIVE audition.
Please Note: Starting Fall 2022, new members must be active in the performing arts ministry for a minimum of 60 days before being cast in a skit.