The Worship Band at New Covenant House Dallas is a team of skilled musicians that musicially supports all services and events at New Covenant House and can commit to the ministry on a weekly basis. If you are interested in auditioning for the Worship Band, please see the information below.
- Main Team: The main team of the Worship Band is composed of highly skilled musicians who minister on a consistent basis, supporting the weekly Sunday services and other church events.
- Reserve Team: The reserve team of the Worship Band is composed of skilled musicians who can commit on an on-call basis (when a main team member is unavailable), or be scheduled by the leadership periodically through the year.
- You are a Born-Again Christian – Accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God who came to earth to die for our sins and ressurected on the third day
- You are have successfully completed the New Covenant House 3Bs Discipleship and consider NCH your church home
Step 1: Complete the NCH Worship Application & Share an Audition Video in Application
- Audition Video: Please share a video of you playing with an entire team.
- Please note: Your instrument must be heard well in the recording.
- If your videos are YouTube links, please paste them in your worship application at the appropriate prompt instead of uploading it below.
Don't have an online video to share? Read below.
- If you do not have a video available, please create one by playing the audition song ("Excess Love" - Mercy Chinwo) on your instrument, then record and upload it below. (click here for the reference song).
- Pay close attention to your instrument on the song.
- Get two devices
- Play the instrumental provided on one device and record yourself playing your selected instrument on the second device
- Record a video of yourself playing your selected instrument to the instrumental: note the requested time frame for recordings.
- Video Introduction: must include your name and what instrument you have chosen to play.
Step 2: Meet with the Music Director
In anticipation of the start of the next New Member cohort, the leadership will review your application and audition video. If your video submission and application aligns with the ministry, the Music Director will contact you for a short phone interview.
Step 3: Respond to Invitation Email
If you are a good fit, you will receive an invitation to join the ministry. You must accept or decline the invitation by the deadline provided in order to officially join.
Step 4: Embark on the 4-week New Member Experience
New musicians complete a 4-week New Member Experience to assess commitment and compatibility with the band, and grow in the ministry.